Squadrone Rosso

Hard wiring a Road Angel Gem+

Evening all.

My wife has one of these fitted on the centre bottom of the windscreen of her 86.

The battery life is crap so she runs a USB cable from the centre console box up over the dash.

Is there an easy way to run said cable up through the inside of the console so it comes up at the centre of the dash at the base of the screen?

I guess the knee pads pop off?

Thanks in advance,

Simon :)

Does it have a screen mount? I have a dash cam that i mount at the top of the screen by the mirror,  tuck the wire behind the headlining and down the left A post to the glovebox socket.  Different product i know. 

9 hours ago, Toybaru1 said:

Does it have a screen mount? I have a dash cam that i mount at the top of the screen by the mirror,  tuck the wire behind the headlining and down the left A post to the glovebox socket.  Different product i know. 

Ditto

The bung that you removed from the power socket bungs the sound generator hole up nicely as well

I wouldn't want to do that.

I hear the foam can be removed from the tube to make it louder?

Where exactly is this thing?

For plugging:

From inside cabin hole where one's sitting right legs are (not far from clutch pedal on RHD?), roll up a bit carpet.

For increasing loudness:

From other side at engine compartment in that hole there is inserted small 7-10cm angled tube, that depending on filling, slightly affects engine noise (and some road noise) passed in, as it connects cabin & rest of "sound generator", that is connected to side of air intake after airfilter.

DIY guide for RHD.