edobrez

Dash clock 24-hrs format ?

IIRC it was somewhere mentioned, that this basic clock is somewhat tribute retro  touch to one that was in original AE86 (IIRC rev limiter light and beep was such legacy touch too, pity not original "bell ding" from hachiroku).

Speaking about it's mods, i've seen some interesting ones, eg. ethanol content display, or mini lcd display to show some car/engine readings from OBD reader.

8 hours ago, Church said:

IIRC it was somewhere mentioned, that this basic clock is somewhat tribute retro  touch to one that was in original AE86 (IIRC rev limiter light and beep was such legacy touch too, pity not original "bell ding" from hachiroku).

The annoying 'bell ding' (if that's the right term?) was nothing to do with the AE86, it was fitted to all JDM cars at that time, to warn you should you exceed 100km/h which is the speed limit there. They don't fit it to JDM cars anymore, thankfully!

I also seriously doubt the rev limiter light has anything to do with the Legacy. 

I'm not sure whether the clock is a retro touch or not, really. 

Hmm, of course i heard it only when watching few years ago Initial D, but it didn't sound as something very annoying to me back then. I wonder why i thought that it was for rpms, not speedo. Probably memory playing tricks on me.

Let me tell you the bell dinging away whenever you go over 100 km/h becomes incredibly annoying after only a short period of time. It's removed from my AE86. Thankfully one of the previous owners had already got to it, before I did. :)