Sign in to follow this  
Leosille

FIFA 17

I'm a PS/PC guy but I used to be big into FUT back on fifa12 or 13. I built a team which consisted of most of the best prem players that wasn't overpriced like Aguero or Van persie but i did have Balotelli,silva and kompany.

Fifa 14 and 15 i built decent team,can't remember who i had though and Fifa16 i've skipped because i was too busy playing Destiny. This year i decided to try out PES2017 and im enjoying the gameplay mechanics a lot more than Fifa,i can deal with the fake team names and shirt as i am more concerned about the gameplay at the end of the day and that is how it should be because 80% of the time you're not going to care what the team names are called,as long as it has the players itself,their ratings drop or increase and form increase/decrease and the gameplay is top notch then why let a niggle of team name bother you?

I still find PES2017 too arcadey and rigid in the controls, not very fluid/realistic for me and the thud you hear when you kick the ball makes it sound like you are kicking a half deflated ball

I enjoy FIFA, but didn't play FUT on Fifa 16. I spent at least £500 on FIFA points on Fifa 15 UT, so had to remove temptation by not playing. I was also doing a lot of work with EA at the time, and got a lot of free stuff, so felt obliged to play their game.

I've not been sent a free copy of Fifa 17 yet, and I don't fancy spending £50 on a game I've got for free for the past 4 years, and even then I barely played, so not sure I'll even buy the new one.

Horizon 3 will keep me entertained for a while yet (despite having completed it already), then there's always BF1 soon and Guitar Hero 3 customs keep me coming back every day.

18 hours ago, Tareim said:

I still find PES2017 too arcadey and rigid in the controls, not very fluid/realistic for me and the thud you hear when you kick the ball makes it sound like you are kicking a half deflated ball

Lol completely different opinion right there,you hear people say PES has more realistic play and Fifa is the more arcade and cartoon play with scripted play etc. The way i see PES controls is essentially cutting out the default semi-assist controls that is set by default on Fifa and more manual controls on PES.

5 minutes ago, Tareim said:

You can always set things to manual if that's how you like to play

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Thats true but i'm just saying majority of people i know and played with on Fifa don't bother fiddling with the default and leave most things on semi-assist. The default on PES is essentially set on manual controls and im going to assume it be same on PES. Manually direct and control the power in your passing,long balls and throughballs and even shooting,where as fifa would handle the power and assist your direction in passing a lot more. All players in Fifa with over 80 pace/accelerations from what i've experienced since Fifa 12 all can easily run pass without losing control,not entirely the same in PES as i've tried it and just fail lol.

I only really play pro clubs haha, it's basically what I buy FIFA for. I can never be arsed with the 'not playing football' bits of FUT. I play seasons online sometimes but I don't like playing as the whole team as much.

3 minutes ago, Ztox said:

I only really play pro clubs haha, it's basically what I buy FIFA for. I can never be arsed with the 'not playing football' bits of FUT. I play seasons online sometimes but I don't like playing as the whole team as much.

Ah I almost forgot about Pro Clubs. Myself and some buddies spent the first few months of FIFA 16 battling to Division 1, then a few weeks trying to stay there. Unfortunately, it seems like we were one of very few teams who wanted to play real football (high possession pass and move style), as 90% of games we played at Div 1 level contained a 5"2 striker and constant through balls over the top. We stopped playing after having one game in which we had over 70% possession, and 15 shots on target, and lost to a team of screaming 12 year olds with four 5"2 strikers with afros, who had 3 shots all game and scored them all.

Perhaps if the new Pro Clubs is a little better, I may be conviced to spend some money.

1 minute ago, Tareim said:

well the team of Afro's are still about in the pro clubs but they aren't 5"2 so not come across that lobbing tactic yet

I can deal with the Afro's, I just turn in game chat off so I can't hear the team of 12 year olds bragging about how many times they've violated my mother this week, I just hate losing to them.

Fortunately, most of them are fairly awful.

3 hours ago, S18 RSG said:

Ah I almost forgot about Pro Clubs. Myself and some buddies spent the first few months of FIFA 16 battling to Division 1, then a few weeks trying to stay there. Unfortunately, it seems like we were one of very few teams who wanted to play real football (high possession pass and move style), as 90% of games we played at Div 1 level contained a 5"2 striker and constant through balls over the top. We stopped playing after having one game in which we had over 70% possession, and 15 shots on target, and lost to a team of screaming 12 year olds with four 5"2 strikers with afros, who had 3 shots all game and scored them all.

Perhaps if the new Pro Clubs is a little better, I may be conviced to spend some money.

That tactic isn't as effective anymore and the AI are way better at getting their bodies in between the opponents and the ball. It's only me and a mate in our team and has been for a couple of years but we also play 'proper' football. We have 60%+ possession pretty much every game. We put trust in the AI players and we rarely call for the ball (I never do) and some of the moves we put together on this one are awesome. My pet hate is people that just spam call for the ball all the time, makes the game so janky and stupid. I'm a bit of a purist though, everyone would be forced to play with fully manual controls online if I had my way :lol: So much more rewarding.

I can't comment for the game chat as nobody uses it on PC as there are better options available.

It's a shame you're not on PC haha, we could do with another half decent player or two :P I can't be arsed to recruit random people as it's too likely they won't fit the team ethos

13 minutes ago, Ztox said:

That tactic isn't as effective anymore and the AI are way better at getting their bodies in between the opponents and the ball. It's only me and a mate in our team and has been for a couple of years but we also play 'proper' football. We have 60%+ possession pretty much every game. We put trust in the AI players and we rarely call for the ball (I never do) and some of the moves we put together on this one are awesome. My pet hate is people that just spam call for the ball all the time, makes the game so janky and stupid. I'm a bit of a purist though, everyone would be forced to play with fully manual controls online if I had my way :lol: So much more rewarding.

I can't comment for the game chat as nobody uses it on PC as there are better options available.

It's a shame you're not on PC haha, we could do with another half decent player or two :P I can't be arsed to recruit random people as it's too likely they won't fit the team ethos

I've never owned a FIFA on PC, only because everyone I know has it on Xbox. That being said, I don't really talk to the guys I used to play it with, so I could get it on PC.

One prerequisite however, is I have to play the Michael Carrick role. Finding space just in front of the defense and controlling the pace of the play. That way I'm always back and ready for counter attacks. I'm not someone who's concerned with scoring or getting assists, I just wanna control the middle of the park.