long-gone

TOMS DEPO US Spec

I'm not certain (but by the looks of it no one else is!) that if you can get your hands on a multimeter and check for voltage on the cars plug and determine which cable is for brakes, lights, indicators, then you'd just have to trace the ones in the tail light and match them up!....  Not sure if that's any help to you but I'll buy them off you for a fiver if you can't get them to work :ph34r:

Heh. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. :P

As there are three functions; tail light, brake light and indiwinker and four pins - am I right to assume one is earth so will remain in the same place and then juggle the other three until I get it right? How do I determine which is earth?

Assuming they're not using a mounting screw as 0v, then yeah that's how I'd imagine they're wired. Check the plug for a tiny marking that may give away which is 0v. A cheapo multimeter will help you out a lot. Otherwise you could just keep swapping them about - Have some spare fuses at the ready tho! :lol:

black would normally be ground but there is 2 in this case so I wouldn't be too sure on that, are the colours the same on the other end of the plug (still in the car) as I've never taken a look so wouldn't know

Sorry, my photos may be misleading. On the thread linked above it recommends doing the car side.

It's the plug on the car wiring I'm fiddling with which is why I don't want to keep trying trial and error as I may knacker it for OEM lights too.

The socket on the light unit is fixed and more awkward to change.

Just now, knightryder said:

To put the OEM lights back on. You can't repin the Toms so you have to do it on the car side of the connector.

I assumed he meant swapping the lights but my question was why swap the lights?