chelseablue

Keyless entry problem?

Just got back from a tour of Ireland, the roads are made for the GT86, great fun, the car performed faultlessly except for one morning, I opened the boot and stowed our cases and then got in the car, pressed the start button, the dasboard lights all lit up, but the starter motor didn't kick in, instead I got (I think) three long beeps, I tried several times and the same happened, I got out of the car and locked it and then unlocked it with the fob, tried to start the car and the same thing happened again, then pressed the start button again, and the car started and has been fine ever since, did I do something wrong or may I have a problem and has anyone else experienced this? I should say, the car is an auto, thanks in advance.

I've had this if the steering wheel lock is on but for some reason cannot unlock. If you just turn the wheel either way  a little bit then hit start it will fire up. I had this happen a number of times until I realised. It's because I habitually lock the steering before I get out.

9 minutes ago, LarmiqGt said:

I've had this if the steering wheel lock is on but for some reason cannot unlock. If you just turn the wheel either way  a little bit then hit start it will fire up. I had this happen a number of times until I realised. It's because I habitually lock the steering before I get out.

Had the same thing in Scotland, easy once you know lol

Thanks guys, that could be it, I was parked in an underground car park at the time and as the spaces were tight, i may have locked the wheel in a different position to normal as I was trying to leave as big a gap as possible between the car next to me, and as I was getting a bit panicky, I might have moved the wheel and not noticed that was the reason the car finally started.