Collateral

Ryan's GT86

Hi All, 

My previous car was a little small and slow, did a large amount of silly modifications, big exhaust, coilovers dropped right down. e.t.c e.t.c  

But I have now moved on and grown up a little bit.

So I'm now part of the gang! 

dGeQB9vl.jpg

EYTUG1dl.jpg

Am7UQ40l.jpg

The only modification I have done so far is a TarmacSportz strut brace.

PrROay4l.jpg

The paint work is in a terrible state with stone chips and general tiny dents here and there, the previous owner didn't really take much care of the outside! 

Plans for her so far is very minimal due to warranties and such...

How long will that last ?

Ryan

Welcome to the club. Your "plans" will change very quickly. Judging by how much you modified your last car, you're clearly not one to shy away from a modification or two, so I'm sure you'll be eating away at the bank balance shortly :)

Car looks good! Nice step up from the C1? Although when you start reading through other build threads you'll find yourself with a parts list into the thousands for wheels, suspension and exhaust! :lol: Good luck trying to resist though! :lol:

Most mods won't affect your warranty except for the bits you replace obviously. Most dealers are pretty good in that respect, I don't think I've heard of anyone have a problem.

So for example, you change your suspension and your clutch goes - they're unlikely to quibble.

Of course, turn the wick right up on your engine until it goes pop and I'm sure you'd be on your own...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the modifications have begun, couldn't hold out for too long!

Cat back Scorpion exhaust installed yesterday and my square number plate put on too, looks so much better already!

12cyfHZl.jpg

y1SreVWl.jpg

19466430_1702545519773265_3175679712631188341_o.jpg

I'd personally get a 12x6 import size plate for the rear will sit much better on the boot and will cover those little dimple marks 👍

So the brakes are on, the black didn't stay black for long, but that's okay.

lmw4hlFl.jpg

After an hour of driving...

ohRy4s9l.jpg

The brakes are great, I would highly recommend them to anyone, I haven't managed to push them too far yet as only installed a few days ago, but we'll see :)

Little additions too, I have my GT86.org.uk sticker on now, I removed the stars and such, personal preference.

It's subtle but readable as you walk past so I'm happy.

f4ttBtzl.jpg

DOk0hmGl.jpg

And finally, I've been looking at the rear lower light for a while now, and how on a black car it just, stands  out too much so I wanted to 'flyeye' or 'smoke' it.

ubEdIiLl.jpg

I couldn't be bothered with the hastle of removing the light (which later on I would realise removal would have been so much easier ), so I decided to go down the template route...

I created my template ...

2zL1EVdl.jpg

Cut the Flyeye out using the template...

JJFfdsHl.jpg

And viola, the above description makes it sound easy... it wasn't... It was painful!

YQpEUBol.jpg

Overall I'm happy with how the car is turning out, next will maybe be alloys, but I like the originals if I'm honest but would like a little more 'poke'.

Ryan