Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Smith

Andys NA Mods.

The prop shaft got pretty vibey at 86 mph, at 100mph it was unbearable so I spent some time indexing it. Now it vibes a little from 109-114mph. At 115mph it vibes unbearably but at 116mph it goes completely quiet. Its worth taking the time to index it if you are having this problem.

On 14 May 2016 at 11:46 AM, Andrew Smith said:

Just a couple of things I have noticed is that I have lost 15-20 miles range out of a full tank, I am getting nearly 27mpg calculated at the pump, the on board reads 32.

That is a big difference. Mine is within 4% of actual. Do you think your mods have thrown this off or was it always 15% off?

5 hours ago, Willtl said:
5 hours ago, Willtl said:

That is a big difference. Mine is within 4% of actual. Do you think your mods have thrown this off or was it always 15% off?

Been giving this some thought and have come to the conclusion that as I haven't reset the average mpg since the beginning of the year, it is showing me an average of many miles including one if not two track days. The calculated 27mg at the pump was done on just one tank full and for a lot of that tank my driving style was some what spirited as I had just had the mods done but now I have calmed down a little I do seem to be getting a few more miles back from a tank. Recently I had a day at Cadwell where I saw the average drop from 32 to 25 mpg. A steady 90 mile drive home got it up to around 28 and now after a few weeks of my regular B road commutes It seems to have levelled out at 29.8 mpg.

I don't think the mods have thrown it off it is how it has been calculated, the computer over a few thousand miles and my calculation over 280 miles. I should maybe reset the average next time I fill up and also calculate at the pump to get a more accurate result