So on the trip to my local gym yesterday I encountered a brand new M2.  I didn't think I would see one this early from release and my God it looks chunky.

I didn't manage to find the owner but had a good look round it, I used to own a 1 series coupes and always wanted an 1M coupe.

I must say I'm not sure on the colour, wouldn't be my choice but then it isn't my car!

It's only been on the road 5 days.

20160510_202900.jpg

20160510_202851.jpg

I had a 120d coupe as a company car and really liked it. I too coveted a 1M, and thought long and hard about a 135i as an alternative to the 86

Trouble is they hold their value well due to rarity and in the end brand new Toyota versus out of warranty BMW was a bit of a no brainier. There's also no doubt the Toyota is more fun.

Great cars though and much prefer to the 3 series. Not a lot of people know that the suspension was different on the coupes so a much better drive than the 1 series hatches. Bigger boot too so actually more practical!

I've been waiting for the 2 series to grow on me and it hasn't really. Prefer the older car. It's almost like they had to make it a bit frumpy so it didn't steal sales from the 4 series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. No idea really what the point of the M4 is. The M2 does everything the older M3s did - properly quick and still seats four and their luggage (just). I never wished my 1 series was bigger...

Front end yes, rear end no... no no no. The back of the car looks like a Friday afternoon job, I loved the 1 series coupe (was the other option to the 86) but this just doesn't do it for me. Do like the blue though.

I also had a 120d coupe and I found it a joy to drive but you felt the weight of it.

If you were a bit too brave in the corners it had no feedback in comparrison to the gt. Quite a heavy thing I always thought, I loved it and it was quite cheap to run as well apart from tyres which are stupid. I liked their very German dealerships, everything was always so precise and exact in my experience.  I must admit I haven't received the same level of service from Toyota but I've noticed a marked improvement in the last couple of months.

I think they've restructured lately.

No - I felt the same. It was a big heavy lump with sticky tyres and high limits so if you did get it wrong you felt you were going to make a big hole in the scenery.

I liked it not so much as a drivers car, which I'm not sure it was really, but as a baby GT. Was so well made, competent comfortable and quick. And munched the miles. Perfect company car fodder...

With my own cash? No...

The 2 coupe reminds me of just a smaller 3 coupe. Really miss my 325i and would love to get another 3 series coupe in the future. If I was single I think I'd sell the BRZ and get myself a 2nd hand 335i.