Knighty

My first mod... Sort of

Do optional extras count as a mod? If so I'm in the right place! Had my lovely new armrest delivered today from Toyota GB 

20160205_180128_zps4vluvvre.jpg

20160205_180153_zpsh93yj6nl.jpg

All I'm gonna say is I wish I'd read the instructions to install it before I bought it... :mellow: Not sure I like the idea of drilling holes into my, at the moment perfect interior. :lol:

But it should be an awesome addition, should finish off the centre tunnel nicely. Shame they weren't on from standard though! 

I was a coward - got the dealer to fit! Agree they should be standard though...

I thought about asking the dealer to be honest...

But the instructions seem really well documented so I think it should be fine!

One of mods that i loved most. Now it's much more comfortable to rest / put hand there right besides handbrake & gear lever, unlike before, when hand was kept on handbrake boot. Another big pro for this particular armrest - result is very OEM-ish of stock look. It doesn't look like some bad fit aftermarket addon.

Hating one thing for it though, that it opens to side, not to back. No clue why they chosen to make it accessible only by driver.

Honestly, as daunting as it seems at first, it's nowhere near as bad as you may think. Unlike Mark, I did it as instructed, took about 20 minutes using the template. Wasn't particularly accurate with markings either, and it went together with ease.

it's much easier using black self tappers, about 10 mins and that was without the template they didn't"t send.

If you want a drive across the A50 I'd do it for you

We'll done on your first mod

Yeah it's a little poor that the fitting instructions weren't packaged with it, or even just the template you need would do.

I'll give it a go following them though!

One of mods that i loved most. Now it's much more comfortable to rest / put hand there right besides handbrake & gear lever, unlike before, when hand was kept on handbrake boot. Another big pro for this particular armrest - result is very OEM-ish of stock look. It doesn't look like some bad fit aftermarket addon.

Hating one thing for it though, that it opens to side, not to back. No clue why they chosen to make it accessible only by driver.

This is the main reason I bought it, the centre console just never looked quite finished, and of course it stops me from ending up with my elbow in the cup holder! .

I'm really happy with the quality of it, like you say it just fits the interior perfectly!

I do agree though, the side opening is strange. There are two cup holders in the centre after all...you'd have thought it would be made easier for both driver and passenger to get to it.

Honestly, as daunting as it seems at first, it's nowhere near as bad as you may think. Unlike Mark, I did it as instructed, took about 20 minutes using the template. Wasn't particularly accurate with markings either, and it went together with ease.

Awesome mate, I'll definitely be giving it a go following the instructions. It doesn't seem like there's much to go wrong (he says). Just gotta wait till Monday to get the template printed off. Reminds me I should really invest in a printer...

Knighty: I ended never using center console cup holders. Removed them, due not using to save weight & gain more volume in console. It was too hard and down right dangerous to reach there. So i just use 'bottle holders' in doors, that even while are suggested not to be used for cups (but imho it's because of spillage danger, not that important for me having normal hermetic coffee jug), but are way easier to reach without diverting eyes from road without leaning/turning as it was with stock center cupholder.

Knighty: I ended never using center console cup holders. Removed them, due not using to save weight & gain more volume in console. It was too hard and down right dangerous to reach there. So i just use 'bottle holders' in doors, that even while are suggested not to be used for cups (but imho it's because of spillage danger, not that important for me having normal hermetic coffee jug), but are way easier to reach without diverting eyes from road without leaning/turning as it was with stock center cupholder.

To be honest church I think I'm gonna ditch it also once the armrest is installed. Like you say the door pockets are more than up to the task!

And if I'm honest, I may have a slight panic attack if someone tried to drink in my car anyway... Hahaha

Would anyone be kind enough to post up some installed pictures so I can get an idea of how it looks in the flesh rather than some marketing photos from Toyota themselves?