Leevsfortyone

Odb2 power upgrade

As an engineer, I'd be interested to know the extent of electronic components they could cram into this for under a tenner, considering they're obviously making a profit.

My guess is, much like 90% of the similar products on the market at this price range, it's either a circuit with the sole purpose of turning on an LED, or they've fitted a generic microchip which has no purpose other than looking technical.

35% power increase is dubious, even from a £400+ remap, let alone from a £10 box.

35% torque increase on a turbo diesel isn't a million miles away, but again, not from a box.

Doubt an OBD plug does anything. ECU "chips" are often resistors wired in to mess the fuel or O2 sensors to fool the ECU into screwing the timing or throwing more fuel. These do have an effect but exactly what that effect will do to your engine is anyone's guess

I've heard of these OBD port devices rewriting the pedal position signal on the throttle, or as Gringo says, overrides the sensor signals to increase fuelling. It might not even do anything at all. If it were actually increasing torque, it would have to be messing with the tune of the car based on no understanding of the car itself and what is safe. 

Either way, it's all a scam and worth less than its weight in manure.