Kristov4

Official: Mod therapy for depression!

So bit of a weird day. 

Took the day off work due to splitting headaches and generally feeling shit! Tried to make an appointment with the GP but was told the earliest would be in a week! By that time I would probably be an emotional wreck so decided to cheer myself up with some modification therapy!

I've had a HKS manifold sitting in my living room (curtesy of Lee) for the past few weeks evolving into a coffee table. So I took it to my local garage to get a quote on fitting. "£60 +vat and I can do it now" sorted.

Less than 1 hour later all fitted and they fixed a puncture in my nearside rear tyre. Took it out for a blast and I'm very impressed!

I'm no expert but the car felt much more responsive, seemed to pull right through the old torque dip and sounds amazing. Putting a huge smile on my face! 

No sign yet of the expected warning light from the o2 sensors. Can't wait to get it to Fensport  for Adrian to wave his magic wand over the ECU and maximise the gains!

Still got a headache but who gives a shit! might have to take tomorrow off though to complete the therapy on some great roads around Oxford!

Quick question for you more learned fellows. I've noticed on line that a lot of peeps have taken the step of heat shielding the oil sump following similar modification. Is this considered vital or just precautionary?

Oh and if you read this Mas I could do with some HKS decals if you have any spare? ;)

I've not bothered, but then again my manifold is titanium ceramic coated so shouldn't give out too much heat, as for Mod therapy, it sure does work, my only issue is I run out of money quick with that therapy -_-

Best kind of therapy! Regarding heat sheilding, I'm also thinking of fitting something as I've just got home from fitting my tomei uel. Might make something in ally or find a heat reflective tape/mat that will stick to the sump. Just not sure there is anything out there that won't fall off if it gets too hot.