Sign in to follow this  

AST Coilover reviews??

I have now sold my Ohlins for the project car as I was convinced they wouldn't be man enough for the job. So, I'm considering AST/Moton coilovers, but am struggling to find reviews for them online.

I wonder if anyone has any info on these kits for the GT86 platform please?

I would love to see that! I've been in a TMG cup gt86 with TTX 36 two ways. 12kg/mm front and 14kg/mm rear springs. It was ridiculously stable over curbes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

AST are just round the corner from you Nige - may be worth poping in for a chat with them? I found them very helpful when I was looking at the 5200's.

Another option is Penske UK are based in Lichfield and will make ludicrously top end stuff for you - it's just eye wateringly expensive!

I've met up with Curtis and explained what I'm looking for. He is of the opinion that Moton is their deluxe brand, which Tim Radley has on his car.

I have a thing about inverted shocks, I don't know why, but I just have, less unsprung weight and all that.. Motons aren't inverted, 5300's are.

Lee has clubsports on his GT86.... perhaps he might chime in. They are not in the same league as the motorsport stuff. With your budget I'd be looking at the Raceseng Penskes.....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk