Sign in to follow this  
smudge

52mm gauge pod

Needing to get another gauge in the car and wanted to fit one in the drivers side air vent like the one below from Fensport:

http://www.fensport.co.uk/Parts/Model_108/Category_16/4660

Only issue is the gauge I want only comes in 52mm and this pod is 60mm

Anyone know of the same pod in the air vent but 52mm or a way to make a 52mm securely fit in the 60mm?

Thanks

29 minutes ago, rob275 said:

I've only seen 60mm pods, could you maybe 3d print a bracket up. Only cost effective way I can really think of doing it.

Interesting idea, although I'd have no idea how to design that or who would be able to produce it?

9 minutes ago, smudge said:

Interesting idea, although I'd have no idea how to design that or who would be able to produce it?

Learn CAD fast :P It'd help if you knew someone who could scan it in. @Keethos may be able to help you. I know he works for a 3D Scanning company. Then you could alter it and re-print. there are plenty of companies out there who will 3D print it for you or the chances are you probably have a mate with a 3D printer. I have no knowledge of 3D CAD but I can't envisage adding an 8mm ring in to the 60mm vent being too hard.

30 minutes ago, rob275 said:

Learn CAD fast :P It'd help if you knew someone who could scan it in. @Keethos may be able to help you. I know he works for a 3D Scanning company. Then you could alter it and re-print. there are plenty of companies out there who will 3D print it for you or the chances are you probably have a mate with a 3D printer. I have no knowledge of 3D CAD but I can't envisage adding an 8mm ring in to the 60mm vent being too hard.

Might just buy the 60mm and use some blu-tac :lol:

So shit that I can't find an IAT gauge in 60mm

Aluminium spacer perhaps made on a lathe? I could make you one if you supply all the dimensions to go by but time frame all depends how busy I am at work.. only 12 working days till Christmas for me :) (had to get that in there!)

18 minutes ago, Dan7954 said:

Aluminium spacer perhaps made on a lathe? I could make you one if you supply all the dimensions to go by but time frame all depends how busy I am at work.. only 12 working days till Christmas for me :) (had to get that in there!)

Haha cheers Dan, I think I may have found a solution however

http://www.iagperformance.com/ATI-52mm-to-60mm-Gauge-Adapter-Rings-p/ati-52-60-conv.htm