Mark-in-Stoke

side indicators

They should be flush with the car, if they aren't then there's a chance it's a sign of the front bumper sagging. Common in Subarus and mine is suffering.

If you are missing the clips then they can be bought from the US: http://www.fteightysix.com/appearance/sidemarker-clips-pair/#.VlYSifnhDIV Not seen them anywhere else, searching for sidemarker clips on FT86club is probably your best bet.

16 minutes ago, Omer86 said:

They are based in Vegas, i have been to the shop bought some nice little trinkets, lovely chaps. I have one of them on FB, would you like me to ask?

That would be brilliant mate, i'm having a pic sent to me so I know what is and isn't  missing, will get back to you later.

Just let me know what you need Mark, they'll be in the post asap.. there is also a cheap and tacky metal clip riveted to the bumper which may have corroded on your car and is causing the loose fit?

6 hours ago, Nigelr32 said:

Just let me know what you need Mark, they'll be in the post asap.. there is also a cheap and tacky metal clip riveted to the bumper which may have corroded on your car and is causing the loose fit?

Wow! cheers buddy, after just having a look it appears the clip that is on it's own is missing.

Do you still have my address?

What do you mean Mark, "The clip that's on its own"?? Are you sure the clip hasn't stayed in the hole in the bumper when the indicator has been pulled off??

I don't still have your address, PM it over mate..

On both sides??

Are you sure they're not stuck in the black metal clips in the bumper? If so, you'll need new indicators?

Have you had the bumper off lately? They may have broken out of the plastic?

Let me see if I can get the clips out of the indicators. I'm bed bound at the mo, so will have a look when I can get to them.

On 11/26/2015, 11:54:51, Omer86 said:

They are based in Vegas, i have been to the shop bought some nice little trinkets, lovely chaps. I have one of them on FB, would you like me to ask?

Hi Omer, Would you mind having a word, i'm missing two clips (one each side), in the pictures above there are 3, 2 close to each other and one further away, the one further away are the ones missing.

Update,

Toyota don't sell these, you have to buy the complete indicator @£48 each 

Hi Mark,

Sorry mate, I can't find my side indicators from the project car?? I literally have boxes of parts everywhere and can't put my finger on them.. so, I pulled one off the road car and tried to get the clip out. It looks like you will destroy the moulding if it were to be pulled out, so yours is probably destroyed.

If I were you, I would get a pair of aftermarket ones off Ebay, they're only like £30 a pair??

Cheers Nigel, I thought this was probably the case, I have been looking at the aftermarket ones but first have to convince myself it's the only option left (yes i know i'm a bit weird that way), if something breaks I like the challenge of trying to mend it.

Have you thought of making them from a piece of steel??Shouldn't be too difficult, they don't exactly have to hold too much do they, or there's cars breaking on Ebay all the time.

I wonder how they ever broke off in the first place?? They certainly look OK in your latest pics??

They are designed to pull off. If someone put a screwdriver in there and tried to lever them off, and the screwdriver was in the right spot, I guess it would pull the connector out of the indicator, then it would spring forward into the orifice behind the bracket on the bumper? Are the clips still sat in there??