Sign in to follow this  
remal

Road Debris dents Our 86

Well what can you do. I was hoping the last few miles before getting home it would not be that bad. It could have been better, Could have been worse but still annoyed like hell

Filled the car up on the way home from work. On my by pass which I only need to do 3-4 miles doing 70 a car pulled out to overtake a car on the left and I was about 5 car lengths back., then all of a sudden a large yellow bit of plastic that was on the road flicked up then hit the bonnet and smashed against the screen. 

Result: well the windscreen was intact, only scuff's that cleaned out. But the bonnet had 3 dents in. No paint damage thank god. 

Having a recommended chap coming to look to see if he can remove the dents. I would rather try that first then get the bonnet re-sprayed. Also having 2 door dings removed that happened while touring in May. 

first time in 20 years of driving i've had anything like this happen. and of course it had to happen to the 86. I take great car in cleaning and looking after the car. parking a long way away from other cars in car parks etc.. as well 

Just 1 question. is the car bonnet and doors Steel or Aluminum ?

Had an overloaded tipper go for an overtake on a duel carriageway once, obviously the extra speed loosened his load and loads of it fell all over my car, lucky from what i could tel only 2 small dents from it, and unfortunately one just on the roof.

I've got used to the front end getting damaged by chips, my mileage and sitting on a motorway has done that to all my cars. when i stop using her as daily i will just replace/repair the front. the roof on the other hand, that pissed me off. as not sure what can be done.

Hope you get it sorted, let me know if it was easy to remove.

I have the guy coming to work tomorrow to remove the dents. as I said not used anything to remove dents before but he comes highly recommended. 

The dents are not huge so hard to take pics to show you lot but I will report back afterwards to give my view on how it went and if it's worth trying 

Fingers crossed