Sign in to follow this  
Jason_E

Rotary compounds and pads.

Hello people,

I'm basically writing this thread to ask "what's Toyota paint like" ? 

I'm more than used to German paints, and get fantastic results with my rotary using my current compounds (Scholl S17+ and Menzerna Final Finish). What is everyone else using? Is it quite a hard paint or will I have to be super careful? My 62 plate car is very clean but all those sponges/ tesco cleaners have covered it in swirls!

Thanks in advance. I'll make sure to post up a nice report thread when I do attack it with the rotary, weather permitting! 

It's typical Jap paint, soft as putty. But it's easily looked after by putting a decent Sealant on it. Nick the problem with yours is you probably haven't applied any sealant to it since I done it ;)

You generally won't need a rotary to maintain this car, though if you know how to use one, you'll be fine of course. 

Thanks for the speedy replies. 

Totally agree reed with your philosophy here. I've always done one big clean and detail a year, and just maintained it by keeping up good cleaning regimes and obviously waxing. 

Yes, I'm a sad bastard haha! But once I've gone over it (it's red btw) I'll be using the dodo supernatural hybrid I have to seal it. Did a fantastic job on all my other cars!