j@cko0Oo

GT86 lightweight flywheel and lightweight pulley

Yes I know what they are...

The reason for my question was you make very little sense...and then post up a random picture of an AE86?

What do you want from the car by looking at these 2 completely different mods?

It is a random picture, but it is a picture of an Initial D replica commissioned by Tec Arts, in front of the old 'Fujiwara Tofu Shop' (the sign was changed for the film) that the anime was based on (they based it on real locations around Ikaho). This Tofu shop was demolished in 2010, but the sign was saved and lives on in a display in the M. Yokota museum in Ikaho, Gunma prefecture. 

I know as I've been to see it! ;) 

Yes I know what they are...

The reason for my question was you make very little sense...and then post up a random picture of an AE86?

What do you want from the car by looking at these 2 completely different mods?

Haha I just like the picture . Is the gt86 DNA come in from.

______J@ck0Oong

It is a random picture, but it is a picture of an Initial D replica commissioned by Tec Arts, in front of the old 'Fujiwara Tofu Shop' (the sign was changed for the film) that the anime was based on (they based it on real locations around Ikaho). This Tofu shop was demolished in 2010, but the sign was saved and lives on in a display in the M. Yokota museum in Ikaho, Gunma prefecture.

I know as I've been to see it! ;)

Can see you love initial D

______J@ck0Oong

Someone said to me you only can put one or the other.

______J@ck0Oong

You should only fit one of them yes. As Rob said, Flywheel will give more benefit.

The lightweight pulley does not have a harmonic damper on the crank. Whilst most (though not all) have had no issues, I cannot think why Subaru would go to the additional expense of a harmonic damper if it is not needed. 

I would only fit a lighter flywheel personally. I would say the gain from lightweight pulleys would barely be measurable and is really just bling. 

Yes I know all about Initial D, I watched it back in 2003! I also own an AE86 which is the same as the Initial D car, but a Kouki (later) spec. 

The lightweight pulley does not have a harmonic damper on the crank. Whilst most (though not all) have had no issues, I cannot think why Subaru would go to the additional expense of a harmonic damper if it is not needed.

I would only fit a lighter flywheel personally. I would say the gain from lightweight pulleys would barely be measurable and is really just bling.

Yes I know all about Initial D, I watched it back in 2003! I also own an AE86 which is the same as the Initial D car, but a Kouki (later) spec.

Thanks Lauren explain to me.

So you run the AE86 for a Every day car?

I love that car . But I don't have the skill to keep it run nicely and look after in and out.

Haha if I got any chance I love to have one

______J@ck0Oong

I used to run the AE86 as an everyday car, but it's 30 years old now. It's on a limited mileage policy. My GT86 is my daily car. :)

Haha . the Second generation

______J@ck0Oong