Sign in to follow this  
matt

Cosworth Supercharger

Does anyone have a cosworth supercharger fitted that wouldn't mind taking me for a passenger ride in.

Ideally I'd like to go in one with a standard exhaust, but that might be asking a bit much.

I'll be at JAE this year, all be it on a different stand (I'll be on the club323f stand)

Matt

Matt, nobody will have one with a stock exhaust as it's part of the package to change it. 

There isn't anyone with a Cossie SC going to JAE on our list unfortunately. 

Your better bet would be to come to a sprint (next one is Blyton Park 26th September) and kindly ask Mike P. 

Can I ask why specifically you want the Cosworth? There are a lot of new kits emerging at the moment/beginning of next year (Harrop, Edelbrock) as well as a lot of other kits that have been fitted to a number of cars (AVO turbo, Sprintex, HKS)

Cosworth can be fitted to a stock exhaust or any of the exhaust combinations and comes with all the engine calibratinos to do so (plus a tune) all you need is the low temp thermostat and air filter to use the calibrations.

Edlebrock confirmed directly to me, they havent done any track testing. Cosworth on the other hard, apart from detailed breakdown of the engine and testing individual parts to destruction (particularly the con rods), they did hours of of engine dyno tuning using dyno cells that were used to develop F1 engines. On top of that 10,000 road mile testing which included endurance testing on track.

The heat exhangers are huge and thus have massive thermal capacity. So much so that charge air temps on the stage 2 kit are only 8deg C above ambient on track!

Sprintex on the other hand overheats on one lap and most aftermarket kits, in my experience, cannot handle track/enduracne racing. Until I see evidence to suggest the harrop and edlebroack are okay on track I remain on the fence

I know which one i'd pick for the sake of £500 though.

HKS is the only other kit I would consider at the moment.

Hi guys,

Lauren - the cosworth supercharger can be fitted without the cosworth exhaust.  It's referred to as Stage 2.0 instead of Stage 2.1, 2.2 or 2.3.  It runs at 260bhp instead of 280bhp with the full exhaust system.

Smudge - essentially trust.  I trust cosworth.  The package looks great and looks easy to install.  I don't have to worry about tuning, as all the files are included.