Sign in to follow this  
Squadrone Rosso

Car manuals - help

Morning,

Our 86 has come with a manual which bears no resemblance to the car nor offers any tech info ref car checks, running in etc.

Please can someone advise what should come with it, for the actual car & also the JBL Touch & Go NAV system?

This is what came with it:-

df2c345a6585e871b56ec1db94652a8a.jpg

06b89597888b5ac34761d3e2c0f5cb4a.jpg

Thanks,

Simon

Mine (64 plate) came with a pack -

86 owners manual

touch screen owners manual

86 brief guide

service and warranty book

alarm operating book

and a few other leaflets all in a nice wallet

I'll take a pic and post it in a bit

Thanks. Called into the dealers & was told they no longer do the GT86 manual. I explained that tyre pressures, vehicle checks & tech data weren't in the touch screen manual & I didn't think that was acceptable.

Clearly, this is BS as the black Aero loaner we had came with the GT86 book. May just deal with customer services.

I've downloaded the PDF manual for now though.

Cheers,

Simon

Toyota UK say they no longer provide a full car manual "in the interests of the environment"!!!

They suggest you download it as required. WTF.

Very helpful if you have to find out something or do something when you're miles from anywhere when you get a warning light / flat tyre etc.

Seems odd, where did you ask Toyota UK this? And where exactly do you download it from?

The dealer reiterated this to me this morning so I posted on Toyota UK's twitter account & they confirmed.  

Everything is through the My Toyota portal (we registered yesterday using the V5C data they ask for) and whilst it's useful, it's very clunky and not intuitive at all.

I find it crazy that you aren't given any documentation which tells you how to check levels etc and have to rely on WWW for full car information and instructions.

Perhaps I'm old fashioned......

The dealer reiterated this to me this morning so I posted on Toyota UK's twitter account & they confirmed.  

Everything is through the My Toyota portal (we registered yesterday using the V5C data they ask for) and whilst it's useful, it's very clunky and not intuitive at all.

I find it crazy that you aren't given any documentation which tells you how to check levels etc and have to rely on WWW for full car information and instructions.

Perhaps I'm old fashioned......

Well It makes sense, it's easy enough to keep a PDF on your phone these days. I'm more concerned the fact they aren't telling people this as these are the people which will get caught out. Much like yourself, you didn't know until you questioned it.

I always like to check the levels & pressures myself.  Good job I did as all four tyres were set to 32psi instead of 35.  

"Good" to see that Toyota's PDI follows every other new car we've had (although lower was a surprise as they are usually pumped up like balloons).

Good news.  The dealer is ordering us a manual FoC.  I've questioned the sanity of Toyota's decision with their call centre though.

Ref tyres, 35psi is the minimum allowable pressure for "all fitments".

The My Toyota portal content is actually very good once you've properly registered your car.  The usability is very poor though.

Just bought her-indoors a brand new Yaris sport (took delivery of it just over a week ago - after all I did part-ex her Mini to get my '86) ) no manual with that either - though dealer has said thay'll get us one - now that we've asked.

Not a good show and have had a gripe at Toyota about it.

Agreed, when the Mrs was stranded with the brake warning light issues, had I not insisted that they got us one & had that not been in the, glovebox, she wouldn't have known what the issue is.

The first thing Toyota Assistance said was to RTFM.