Sign in to follow this  
Bobbynog

finally seen another - maybe two

After 3 weeks of '86 ownership finally seen another one.

This afternoon on the dual track around Huntingdon heading towards the A1/A14 junction, I came up behind a red 14 plater.

Gave him a flash and a wave before he went A14 and I went southbound A1 (he did wave back) -

......nice to see you if you read this.

A few minutes earlier as I was exiting another roundabout I caught a glimpse of what could have been an '86/BRZ - but it was so highly modded I can't be sure.

BTW - gotta love that A1 slip road - once you get off the roundabout at the bottom it goes all straight up a nice gradient and it's usually quiet so you can give it the beans before hitting the A1 at the top.

Yeah, good to see you Chilli

Funny thing is - I don't normally go that way as you can get stuck at the big Spittals A14 roundabout - I normally cut through Huntingdon itself,

but today hadn't been brilliant at work (not bad - just meh) and I wanted to blow the cobwebs out a bit

I don't know if you travel that way very often but the bit of dual I saw you on has had a 40mph restriction on it for months (they were replacing the central barriers) and it only got opened up again  a week or two ago

That restriction was a right pain - especially as they were only working at night

Yeah I was heading back to Leicester after shooting 3 Toyota garages in Romford, Rayleigh & Chelmsford.

Now the kids are off school and all the mums are off the road the traffic is good compared to normal. Yeah that 40mph was a bitch but at least the A14 is 3 lane between Harborough and Cambridge now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, you just wait until they finally get around to doing the A14 upgrade betwwen Cambridge and Huntingdon - that will be a pig for years to come but it is needed.

The other Monday there were five accidents (one fatal) within 7 miles of each other on the A14 - closed the whole thing for around 6 hours - took my wife 2 and a half hours to cover 12 miles though the '86's sat-nav lady did manage to guide her around some of it.

So, you're a snapper eh.

Me too - well once upon a time - not any more.

But I was in regional 'papers with some agency stuff thrown in - nothing exotic like Toyota garages.- but I do remember having to spend 2 days snapping motorhomes for something or another.

Damn,

it's getting to be like a convention of the things around here now....

........saw two yesterday - a white and a black -

- white was coming the other way on a blind bend

- black was on the opposite side of a urban filter

- both spots too quick too acknowledge other guy / gal.

BTW,

mentioned in another thread that my dealer has a white aero

popped in yesterday for something else but had a good look at it -

all the gear - reversing sensors, monster wing, Oz wheels with Yoko tyres.......

......and it's an auto!

Chilli fancy doing my one Rayleigh when I was away did they ask you what make of car you was in ?

Well they didn't have many Toyota's on the forecourt so i had to improvise with mine >>link<<

There is a nice girl who works in there from Czech called Terreza, tbh i got distracted