Sign in to follow this  
remal

86 has had it's first service -

--at home.

I wanted to service the 86 myself (Well my BIL who's a Ex Toyota Mechanic and also my bets mate) who I trust implicitly.

So I had the Motul 8100 0w20 oil. HKS Super hybrid filter, OE oil filter. And also had Evans prep fluid and waterless coolant that went in. 

Took  few hours as the prep fluid needed to go in. warm up and air taken out. then cooled down and all done again with the waterless coolant. 

Well after all was done and the Avo Exhaust was added a week ago I will say it seems to rev a little more freely now. 

Next mod or change I want is saving up for some Works Emotion wheels in white 

The one thing I will say is that I'm amazed at the amount of scale that came out of the coolant prep fluid you can re-use. Bare in mind We had drained the original coolant fluid and I did not filter this. In the pics are filter I have to filter the prep fluid. More scale in the engine that in my 5 year old engine in my kit car when I changed to waterless coolant then. 

Anyone else changed the coolant and found similar ?

cheers for reading 

post-512-0-35073900-1437986689_thumb.jpg

post-512-0-64568200-1437986811_thumb.jpg

post-512-0-29534600-1437986825_thumb.jpg

post-512-0-05866200-1437986837_thumb.jpg

Good stuff Matt! 

Found the little noise generator silicone join over the weekend, so I will send that out for you tomorrow morning and you will be able to get the intake pipe on too :) 

your a star James many thanks. 

Hows the turbo; build going on?

No problem, it will fit in an envelope so I might just stamp it and send it in the post that way? Will easily fit through your letter box :) 

RE turbo kit. Turbo is all plumbed in and running. A revised basemap was sent over from John V after getting a fault code on the first map. Uploaded it and all appears fine for the moment with no faults.

Sent over some idle and cruise logs for him to check first before I get the all clear to drive normally again, and then it will be a case of saving a few pennies to pay for some proper custom mapping to be done by either him or Adrian :)