bassett

Jap car shows, events etc

Hi all, my previous cars have all been from the safe and sensible vw/audi stable and typically i've been to mostly German car shows. With the gt86 ordered i want to get to more jap car shows and events. I prefer a show with a bit of track action, drag racing and motorsport and the misus gets pretty bored of endless rows of static car displays so what shows should I making sure I get to this year and next assuming I've already missed a few.

Adam

Japfest at Castle Combe around the middle of May is the big one. We had a track session to ourselves this year, well we shared it with the AE86 guys which made it a bit more special I think. 

A lot of us compete in the Toyota Sprint Series as there is a GT86 cup. Much prefer this to the 20 minute sessions you get at shows, plus there is the competitive element. 

JAE is the other huge show. No track action but you can drive a drift car like a number of us are doing. It's a great party and the best social of the year spread over four days. This is one for the clubs rather than the public. Don't miss it. Whilst the cars may not move much there will be plenty going on to spectate as well as a large array of tuner stands etc. 

Thanks for the input. Will put japfest2 on the calendar to get my first taste of the jap scene. Would have been nice if the 86 was delivered by then but doubt it will :(