Sign in to follow this  
BigJames

Soft diff bushes?

So I've only had my GT86 for a little over a week, and have done just over 500 miles. I'm curious as to whether I have an issue or if it is just a design "feature" that is the same on all ZN6s.
When changing gear and being a little quick to lift off the clutch pedal there is a feint clunk from the back of the car, like the car has bad diff mounts. Is this to be expected, and should I just order some Whiteline or similar upgraded bushes?
I might be wrong on the location, but it seems like when the diff is loaded up there is definite movement, even at just 4000rpm...

Same on mine. And even on simple 1st gear engage on stationary car with fully disengaged clutch. I believe it's diff loading. Never had car before with LSD, so it made me nervous a bit at first, but now i'm used to it, simply ignoring it. It even subjectively makes feel like something sporty/more mechanically direct, without all hushing down for comfortness and quietness sake, even if this sound is way different from something some sport sequential straight cut gears gearbox makes.

I don't believe it has anything to do with the diff itself, but more than likely the VERY soft diff bushes, VERY soft rear trans mount or the VERY soft propshaft centre bearing mount.

I don't think Torsen LSD's clunk anyway.

If you fit whiteline diff bushes you will experience an increase in NVH. It is in fact much like engaging drive in an old automatic when you put the car in gear stationary.