mike-p

Need some body parts

After a minor off at Snetterton today which has resulted in some non-polishable damage, I need a new front panel an offside wing and the sacrificial aluminium bar behind the front panel.

Does anyone know of a good Trade parts supplier?

Oh dear Mike.. so sorry to hear this..

I think you mean Bumper, wing and crash beam?

There are all those parts available on Ebay right now. Read the small print on the bumpers, they all seem to have certain levels of damage, some very slight.

The crash beam is steel BTW.

You've got 2 possible leads, contact Nigel Charman from GPRM who might have some spare stock parts that you might need, the other is the guys who race the Evo estate at the TSS events (think they're call Jap Parts or something). Ask Mas, he'll know who I'm on about, they were at Goodwood with HKS sharing a stand. They're buying in wrecked GT86 and breaking them for parts.

You've got 2 possible leads, contact Nigel Charman from GPRM who might have some spare stock parts that you might need, the other is the guys who race the Evo estate at the TSS events (think they're call Jap Parts or something). Ask Mas, he'll know who I'm on about, they were at Goodwood with HKS sharing a stand. They're buying in wrecked GT86 and breaking them for parts.

Top man Keethos thanks!

The bumper, crash bar and wing were surpringly cheap (ish). The headlight was £744!!!!! Fortunately those great guys at Jap Performance Parts had one, which arrives on Monday (thanks Saj and Jas).

Considering that the excess on Trackday insurance is normally £2,500+, I don't expect to pay half of that to get Cossie back on the road.

Anyone have details on how to strip the front of a GT86?

There's plenty of vids on YouTube, one specifically for removing front headlamps wish needs the whole front end removing. If you haven't done so already, checkout ebay for headlamps as there are quite a few on there now, still can't believe that I actually picked one up for £46 considering most on there now are a couple of hundred.

Check out the Mishimoto radiator fitting video on YouTube Mike. It gives a step by step guide on how to remove the bumper.

The wing is £88 + vat, which I thought was acceptable.

I've just dropped the bumper and wing off at the bodyshop, all being well I'll have them back in time for the weekend.

Thanks Alec, the front of the car is stripped ready, the panels are in for spraying, hopefully back by Friday. I'm aiming to have the car ready for the Pistonheads outing to Helmingham Hall on the 2nd August, which then gives me 2 weeks to check alignment etc. before Croft.