BigJames

New GT86 owner... Picked it up today!

Cool. I wondered if you worked at Status Error as that is up your way I think. Your place looks brilliant!

www.im-tuned.uk

Thanks!

Status Error is in Edinburgh, and we're in Northampton in the East Midlands :D We're good friends with Gianni at SE. I used to work at Driftworks and my business partner and I built and ran the RC drift track there for Phil and the guys whilst I was Sales Manager.

Of course, we do have some basic rules and a control tyre (£10 a set) but all the info is on our site here. We're also aiming to have a couple of demo cars available to try out

I have to buy some tyres while I'm there? Or can I use my hard plastic ones that I already have on the car?

I have to buy some tyres while I'm there? Or can I use my hard plastic ones that I already have on the car?

You'll need to buy some. Theres only one compound we allow on track because our carpet was designed to work with it. Other compounds damage it, and besides, unless everyone runs around the same speed its no fun :D

Thanks!

Status Error is in Edinburgh, and we're in Northampton in the East Midlands :D We're good friends with Gianni at SE. I used to work at Driftworks and my business partner and I built and ran the RC drift track there for Phil and the guys whilst I was Sales Manager.

Oops God knows why I thought you were in Scotland!!

www.im-tuned.uk

Some of the cars are hella expensive! And they are only the chassis wtf!?! Club discount? LOL

All the chassis are the expensive bits. The shells are relatively cheap unless you start trying to obtain the rare ones

The GT86 shell is only like £20

They can get very expensive, but they are super detailed and amazing quality. I have several chassis that are well over £1000 but you don't need that. It's like full size cars, people just enjoy adding bits and having the new stuff so the prices get high for the top level stuff but the RTRs that we sell (and are likely the best way to start the hobby) are £300 for everything aside from battery and charger (they include a body and a GT86 is one of the options!)

All the chassis are the expensive bits. The shells are relatively cheap unless you start trying to obtain the rare ones

The GT86 shell is only like £20

Yes but the chassis doesn't include a motor, battery, ESC or radio gear. Decent radio gear is £150+

I should sell my off roader I got at JAE as I never used it and get one of these puppies.

Yes but the chassis doesn't include a motor, battery, ESC or radio gear. Decent radio gear is £150+

I should sell my off roader I got at JAE as I never used it and get one of these puppies.

You're talking about all the custom stuff

I got my TT-01 with motor, battery, ESC and everything needed for £250

This sounds really good.  I'm in Lake Garda that day so will have to wait till the next time. 

Alright for some!

We're open every Saturday, and are happy to host meets any time with warning as long as attendees are respectful which I'm sure the GT86 crowd is!

James I will have to pop down some time as it will be good for links between this club and the Brotherhood, I know Chay has mentioned it a few times. 

(I realised I'm not in Lake Garda that day but I will be travelling to Croft for a sprint). 

I feel that this thread about you picking up your GT86 has become somewhat diluted :lol:

You're not wrong! RC drifting is probably more interesting to fellow GT86 owners than some guy getting a standard car the same as everyone elses :D

Despite the rain, I just fitted my lights. Thankfully they're super quick and easy to fit so I didn't get too soaked!

19496667786_91fde5aa9b_o.jpg

Can anyone tell me if these headlights are different for the "2016" version compared to previous? I don't remember there being black in the base of the light before but am no expert?

19516129762_5159208883_o.jpg

Hello and welcome to the club James. I like how you have turned a hobby into a full business, thats awesome!

As for the lights, heres a pic of mine which is 2014 registration 3a2560419995e4fc3726e3ceb079ccae.jpg

See you at a meet at some point.

Omer

19361720868_7f10516450_b.jpg

A customer of mine ordered the TRD sound tube pack, and gave me this one since he was planning on using the red one. Will hold off fitting this until I've completed the 1000 mile run-in so I can compare it properly.

Currently choosing fancy wheels from Japan, but can't decide on basics like sizes so might be a while until I actually select them. I also need to sell my other cars to pay for them :D