Mark-in-Stoke

Windscreen cracked for no apparent reason

I was tidying the car on Thursday evening when I heard a splitting (type) sound, I had a look around and didn't see anything wrong. I then moved around to the drivers side and carried on cleaning, it was then that I noticed a split in the windscreen 4" vertically up the passenger side and about 2" across the horizontal, making an arc.  Now get this the window on the outside is perfect, no chips or marks whatsoever, the crack itself can only be felt on the inside of the car!!!!

Any Ideas?

Keith, nothing was on mate, I'd just gone out to give it a quick clean or should I say removal of crap, the only thing it might have anything to do with 'maybe" would be how hot it had been during the day, that's all I can think of..

Put a picture up Mark, and I'll post a pic of the stripped shell in this area. There is a bulge in the metalwork around 270mm in from the pillar??

Here you go Mark,

As you can see, there are rivet holes for the VIN plate and a raised seam. it looks like the raised seam may be your problem? When you get a new screen, you might want to ask the fitter to dress the seam down a bit?

IMG_3409.jpg

IMG_3410.jpg