Tweedbean

Tips on removing front drop links

Having a few issues with mine, the Allen key hole is rounded, is there a flat spot on the rear that I could get a spanner on to stop the thread spinning so I can then undo the nut?

Thanks

From my experience you are up shits creek without a paddle. You could try hammering in a tight torx bit after giving the nut a good soak in penetrating oil.

Does anyone in the Midlands have a set I can purchase today? Tried all the local dealerships and they don't have any. Going to try some motor factors now just in case. Otherwise japfest is a no go as the car is up in the air with no drop links :(

I assume you're changing the suspension? If so, just take them off still attached to the strut, only way I could do mine

If you're not changing the suspension, only really option is to cut them. The hole for the hex bit/allan keyis really soft and so easy to round

I'm fitting tein coilovers, I have everything off the car now, I just can't put the drop links back in as I can't tighten them. I have some on order for tomorrow at my local dealership. Do we think I will be ok to just leave them off and just drive without them tomorrow to japfest and back then fit new ones Sunday? Do I just leave the anti roll bar in place as I really don't fancy trying to remove that as well.