Sign in to follow this  
remal

Octane Booster - Touring Europe info needed

Hope this has not been asked to many times. I have searched and not found what I'm looking for. 

Just under 6 weeks and I will be taking the 86 over to France Via Portsmouth, Down to Switzerland, Austria, German etc.... And looking forward to it

Now I always fill up with Super. Not that fussed what make just that it's super, which is the main thing for me. 

Now I have in the garage and was thinking of taking 2 bottles of Octane Booster. one is sTp octane booster and the other is Wynn's octane booster. Both I bought just in case I was unable to get a good quality/Ron Unleaded while away.

Is this a good idea? I was hoping it was. Also has anyone used a Octane booster as I have not

cheers for reading 

Seriously I've driven thousands of miles around Europe in my car, you can get super unleaded everywhere. It's a complete non-issue, it's the same as it is here. 

it's the same as it is here.

I'd say that it's generally better. With the exception of UK VPower, the European SUL is better as they only seem to offer 95 or 98 RON. I did some calculations on my trip to France and Spain and most good quality fuels have better MON rating than any UK fuels, which is actually more relevant for our engines than RON IMO.

Total in France is cheap and everywhere. Esso, BP and Shell also easily available. Repsol is also good but I think that's only available in Spain.

Well yes, in Germany you even have the option of 100RON. But I guess what I mean is just like there being no issue ever getting SUL here, it's the same over there. Everywhere sells it pretty much. I had no problems in France, Belgium, Netherlands (expensive there though), Germany, Switzerland or Italy when I did a couple of trips there in 2013. 

I've been to Europe with the kit car many times over the past 10 years for le mans 24 hour But it set for regular. So never looked for super. "And why I asked"

As for getting good fuel it's not always been that easy. 2006 i'm in a kit car with a 25 ltr tank. 25mpg at best. 11PM on a Sunday and I was almost fecked as the automated payment fuel station did not accept UK cards.

But not had that issues since. 

thanks for the replies