Captain G

Plasti dip

Anybody had any luck with Plastidip as looks great on Utube, want to do badges but tried it on my Hilux last year and it just peeled off, whether it was to cold or to quick between coats as you do have to build up but did use hot air gun. Captain G

I've used it on a cold and very windy day on my boot and it came out a lot better than I thought it would in those conditions, definielty not the ideal conditions but it was alright in the end. I put down about 2/3 coats of a gun metal grey as a base, then about 2/3 coats of Black. How well it would have lasted I have no idea as I peeled it off after a couple of weeks as it was only a test but it still seemed pretty good after then, but then again, the boot doesn't get attacked by stones and stuff constantly. If you give it enough coats and make sure you get enough paint around the edges then it'll probably last longer. It's usually when a corner starts to peel up that it starts to peel off quickly I reckon.

Lots of thin coats is the key. My 1st go at front and rear lasted well but I had a couple of bits where stops caused holes. I've redone the front one using the thinner coats and came out well and survives jet washing no problems.