DannyN

Show me you car phone docks please.

I've just got qi charge dock for my phone and am struggling to fit it somewhere I'd like.

Ideally I'd like to install it on the vertical silver strip to the left of the controls but don't know how to take it apart or if I could buy a spare one to butcher the mount on to.

The other option is to either side of the stereo in carbon fibre effect plastic housing. Don't know how much that costs either.

I've had the brodit mount but it gets in the way of the volume button and means I can put the gf in charge of music on long journeys

So what have you done, and can you help with my ideas?

(don't mind being told that are stoopid )

Thanks

The plastic panels are very easy to remove, starting with the passenger side one, get your thumbs along the underside of the panel on the far left side first (i.e. closest to the door) with your fingers pointing upwards, and just pull up and out and it should pop out easy enough then get your fingers behind the panel and slowly work your way round the panel. This will then give you easy access to the head unit surround which you can just pull out.

I've bought this one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00NICHY88/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1424013949&sr=8-1π=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=Qi+car+charger&dpPl=1&dpID=51YBA5HrsqL&ref=plSrch

I'm thinking of either attaching the disc to the glove box lid in the top right corner and using the Swan neck part to put the holder next to the silver upright.

Or the other thing is to doctor the vent piece and mount it properly to the stereo surround.