gregg

Greasy slippy roads

Anyone else experience really slippy greasy roads this evening. Driving home the back end was really twitchy (when I wasn't trying!). Driving to Macclesfield from Knutsford if it makes a difference. Just noticeable more.

Yes! Worst (or should that be best?!) I've ever known for dry non-icy roads when driving to meetings today around Preston/Blackpool/Blackburn. Lots of wheel spin when moving off from junctions/lights (with traction control on) and very tail happy around corners (smacked rear near side wheel into a kerb when not meaning to, will have a look at the likely rim scuff tomorrow).

Good fun in many ways (other then the likely rim scuff) but I can only assume that it's the result of lots of recent gritting over the past week  but no rain to wash it away so the road surfaces are very loose?

I love it when the roads are a bit greasy. I noticed this on Sunday at the Essex minimeet. Going through the fast bends to Bradwell on Sea I experienced a couple of 4 wheel drifts. Just little ones, but fun all the same.