nickfrog

Gtechniq g5 Glass sealant on rear window

Got it on my rear window as well, any water on the back usually just rolls off when I set off.

I don't think I'm applying it the best though as it doesn't last as long as it's supposed to...

Got it on my rear window as well, any water on the back usually just rolls off when I set off.

I don't think I'm applying it the best though as it doesn't last as long as it's supposed to...

how long is it supposed to last?

Probably skimped a bit on the waiting times but there isn't a lot to the G5 is there? Clean with G4, make sure it's dry and then put the G5 on and lightly buff until its clear.

Re-applied G1 on the front and G5 on sides/rear just over a year after first doing it. I wouldn't say it stopped working as it was still beading but it wasn't flowing off anywhere near as much as a freshly applied coat.

Tareim - 15ml is plenty.

Mark - I was talking about the G1 on the front. Only time I get water on the rear window is when the car is stopped and it rains, when driving the window is bone dry. Have been tempted to use G5 on the front for the lower speed needed for it to roll off and because it's a lot quicker to apply.

As Rob says layers, I'd personally use two, to make sure of coverage.

myself,I don't use anything on the front screen I might give it a try though.

You should, you don't even need the wipers then :D