Anything else?

Don't forget the stock clutch is all but useless when turbocharging, it is only just possible to use with the lowest spec turbo and even then its marginal! So factor in for an uprated clutch.

Any questions fire away  :) 

Best Regards

Adrian

what about those with auto's? this is my first auto so not really sure what would need to be change/uprated in this respect

what about those with auto's? this is my first auto so not really sure what would need to be change/uprated in this respect

Tareim - the standard torque converter is rated to approx. 260bhp and, like the standard clutch, is not up to a boosted output.

In order to take advantage of the dizzy heights that 300+bhp can achieve you need to consider an upgrade - the people who know a thing or two about this are SSP Performance in Houston, Texas.

It is not only the torque converter that needs upgrading - you need a modified valve body assembly to upgrade the transmission oil pressures required. And, if you're considering serious track usage - like wot I do - a transmisison oil cooler is worth considering.

SSP do three versions - street, street/track and drag - on a part-exchange basis. Torque converter is about $1200, valve body assembly is about $1400 and the oil cooler kit is $1200 6

I have fitted the street/track option, with oil cooler. Be warned - this is an aggressive upgrade and needs getting used to, it changes gear astonishingly quickly (0.2secs) and gives you a jolt up the a*se, the street version is less aggressive, so you're welcome to try my car before committing to it.

Fesport imported/fitted the whole lot for me - to overcome the problem of being without the car whilst the old stuff was stripped out and sent to the USA I bought a second hand box and used  that for p/x bits. You might be able to do a deal with Adrian on my second hand bits..?

www.sspperformance.com

Spec K

wow that's going to be pricey then but would be nice to get a feel for it before going all out on it though it's likely to be at least a year before it happens

So, do these mods get the 'box closer to the PDK in a Porsche?

My Boxster S had it. You could literally plant the throttle and flick through the gears via the paddles, or drive around sedately like a top of the range Merc.

If the answer to this question is YES, go for it!!

My Boxster S had it. You could literally plant the throttle and flick through the gears via the paddles, or drive around sedately like a top of the range Merc.

I do that anyway :D

So, do these mods get the 'box closer to the PDK in a Porsche?

If the answer to this question is YES, go for it!!

Yep, that's about the size of it.. we also enjoy autoblip on changing down. I admit I prefer using it in manual mode, especially on track but the changes are equally quick whichever mode you drive in.

And, if in sport mode with drive engaged the box will autochange down under heavy braking. Much nicer to override it with the paddles, though..

I have also fitted the 4.67 diff ratio - the auto box has different ratios to the manual, your 6th gear is the auto's 5th, so the car is still good for 80mph at 3000rpm in top.

Spec K

I was looking at the Greddy exhaust but after talking to LordGrover about his 2.5" Avo exhaust I will be giving you a bell to find out a little more

basically looking for a nice quality exhaust. Just axle back really and something that's going to be fruiter than standard but not to much. AS long as it's not going to do my head in on motorways I would like something that sounds as good as the car looks 

So phone call will be coming your way asap