sparx99

Front Bumper

Hi,

So rather annoyingly I did this yesterday.

post-310-0-60366800-1419083480_thumb.jpg

Any ideas as to where you can get a new front bumper? I have a similar scratch on the opposite side (i didn't do that one) and figured it may be easier to replace the whole thing.

If not the original part do any aftermarket front bumpers replace the whole part rather than just a lip?

Any help greatly appreciated,

Mark

p.s Merry Christmas!

There are a few bumpers (aftermarket) that replace the whole front but they do not compensate for the UK washer which is a requirement by law for Xenon lights. I'd suggest just getting it resprayed (Around £200-250)

You may be able to get that repaired. I know Alec had a nasty scrape on his which was done by the touch up (not sure if that is the correct term!) guy.

I've had some minor scrapes repaired on mine. Price under £200 I'd say though I can't see the other side in your pic. 

Sadly there's no real places to get new bumpers from besides direct from Toyota at the moment, most bumpers on ebay are damaged and it's a ballache waiting for the right colour to appear (trust me, I've been searching for 6/7 months).  Like Rob said, you can get aftermarket complete replacement bumpers but the problem is that they'll be more expensive than a stock bumper, you'll be paying silly amounts for shipping from abroad (or if you do find a UK company who supplies a complete replacement bumper, they're mega expensive due to exchange rates and shipping included) and then you've still got to pay for the fitting and painting of the parts which again won't be cheap (again, been looking into going aftermarket after my track incident but I can't afford all the extra costs on top of all the other repairs that I need, I was looking at roughly £1.5k for a full body kit, front, rear bumpers plus side skirts, another £1.5k for shipping air freight or wait months for it to be shipped by container ship for about £600ish, then however many hundreds or thousands to get it fitted and painted  :( ).  Bumpers direct from Toyota are either £187.18 or £272.33 (both excluding VAT), not sure why I have been given 2 different prices from 2 different Toyota body shops but there's a chance that the cheaper price is for the lower spec front bumper that doesn't have the washer holes and stuff like Rob mentioned while the other price does.  But again, even parts direct from Toyota come unpainted so you'll still need to pay for it to be fitted and painted.  Sorry for all the negative information :(  It might be worth seeing if you can get it repaired and touched up but from the picture you've posted, it might need some filler as it looks like there are a couple of deep gashes.  How did you do manage this anyways if you don't mind me asking?

Is your car Pearl white Keethos?

I'm just thinking, my front bumper is perfect, and is going to be cut out at the top corners and covered with RB flares. How bad is your damage?

Hi Nigel, yes my car is pear white and I appreciate the thought, but sadly it's pretty bad, it's splits down under where the passenger headlamp is located.

http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/topic/1589-keethos-gt86-journey-back-to-health-mods/

http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/topic/897-bhp-lydden-2014-may-5th/page-11

Ouch, I hadn't realised it was that bad.. If you want any help with panel work, let me know.

For example, if you get a wing, bumper and door, I could fit them for you here in Gloucester. You'll need to get them painted, but at least the fitting will be free.

I can do a front bumper removal in 15minutes now lol.

Thanks Nigel, I'll keep that in mind but that was my plane, bolt on whatever I can and get the rest done professionally i.e. cutting, welding and painting. I'll give you a shout if I need help!