TRD Engine mounts

I bought some TRD engine mounts from Fensport today, and am wondering how much difference they make to how the car feels? I know this sounds like a stupid question, but it's going to be a while before I get to experience them for myself.

Does anyone have these fitted?

I should have known that Dave, after all your car is a TRD mascot!!!

I don't remember there being any harsh engine vibration or noise in the cockpit?

There isn't any engine mounted harshness in the cockpit from the engine mounts, as far as I am concerned.  My car also has the Whiteline gearbox mount insert and poly bushes throughout for the suspension, so it will be slightly harsher than standard.  To be totally honest, is is so long since I drove / went in a standard GT86, I cannot remember what it is like compared to mine.  If you see how much the engine moves with the standard mounts on a dyno, I feel that stiffer mounts are essential.

Fensport fitted them to my car just before Xmas - including the gearbox mount.

The existing mounts are probably adequate for n/a cars but the additional torque produced by f/i generates excessive engine/grearbox movement - Dave at Fensport could move my engine by physically pushing on it...

In my case this was resulting in repeated exhaust gasket failure, both at manifold and at overpipe flanges. Since fitting the TRD mounts this problem has not recurred and there is no additional nvh that I can detect.

Mus - you're welcome to a ride if you'd like first hand experience, same goes for anyone else...

Spec K

As it happens, those very mounts had my name on them Keith. I had bought them, so I thought, and Dan left them on the shelf. When Dan went to get them, Dave had just taken them off the shelf to fit to your car!! Better that way than having you turn up as Dan posts them off to me !!

So, I did some more research and ended up with the Cusco mounts. It's what the American guys use on their silly powered drag cars, so I figure they're good enough for my measly 450 bhp target. The Cusco mounts will definitely increase NVH, but hey ho...

As Keith has already mentioned, the standard mounts are VERY soft..

Take a look at this clip on You Tube...

Thanks for the offer Keith. I did get a ride in yours after you had your bionic suspension tweeked by the nice lady from Japan. My car's n/a and probably always will be so I'll put new engine mounts at the bottom of the list.

Cheers