Engine Idle

Well, considering Adrian has specifically built a race gt86 and Mark has merely fitted the charger for road going purposes as a demo it's not exactly the greatest comparison of the century is it? More-over, if Mark did compete he would clearly be in F2. Stick Adrian in Keiths car, that's a little fairer.. after all, Adrian tuned that ;)

As it happens there is no "best" tuner. Lets treat them as races, we are all equal  :lol:

I have got it already - Christmas came early thumbup.gif

">http://close-up-punch-1024x1024_zps266c1a4b.jpg

<chuckle>

.. blurry colonial cojones-cruncher.... you are incorrigible...

Spec K

<chuckle>

.. blurry colonial cojones-cruncher.... you are incorrigible...

Spec K

in·cor·ri·gi·ble  (ibreve.gifn-kôrprime.gifibreve.gif-jschwa.gif-bschwa.gifl, -kobreve.gifrprime.gif-)

adj.
1. Incapable of being corrected or reformed: an incorrigible criminal.
2. Firmly rooted; ineradicable: incorrigible faults.
3. Difficult or impossible to control or manage: an incorrigible, spoiled child.
n.
One that cannot be corrected or reformed.

Yip, that's me sigh.gif

Well, considering Adrian has specifically built a race gt86 and Mark has merely fitted the charger for road going purposes as a demo it's not exactly the greatest comparison of the century is it? More-over, if Mark did compete he would clearly be in F2. Stick Adrian in Keiths car, that's a little fairer.. after all, Adrian tuned that ;)

As it happens there is no "best" tuner. Lets treat them as races, we are all equal  :lol:

Rob... I have no objection to Adrian demonstrating my car on a timed run (not wheel to wheel) against Mark ... but it would prove  zilch and would not benefit either of them, I suggest.

... we are 'road drivers', not track stars... and the odd 1/10th is irrelevant, it is about an owners personal feel / intuition / style. It would be a total disaster if we (UK GT86 owners) all followed one route. And with the choice on turbo and on s/charged options (which are increasing almost daily) it is good that we have two centres of excellence to turn to..

... if it's back-to-back comparison that is demanded let's get the Stig to do it..

Spec K

One that cannot be corrected or reformed.

Yip, that's me sigh.gif

NO!  NO!... NO!... NO!    It is 'yelp' in Oxford English....  not 'yip'...

100 lines before Assembly tomorrow morning , young man ...  " yip is the sound of a dog demanding treats, yelp is the sound of a dog being soundly admonished"

(.. and I want 50 of them in Latin, with full declination of verbs... hrrmph!)

Spec K

(aside... "Outrageous behaviour, Headmaster... boy deserves a good thrashing.. ")

Just a thought...

Before I go pulling my engine and doing remaps and fitting lightweight bits, is this normal?

If I leave my car idling from cold the revs drop off as the temp rises, which one would assume is normal. What I don't understand is that the revs will drop to a practically unsustainable speed, like 5-600rpm? The speed doesn't change for a while, then it rises again back to say 750rpm

When I spoke to Adrian tonight, he mentioned these cars have a very complex idling map strategy, but cant remember if I asked him about this issue? Is it normal?

Just map it properly.  4 lambda sensors and she'll be mint :)