Snowdrift

New owner from Durham

Hi. Just placed an order for a new gt86 MT in pearl white with custom leather and red interior details. It's available for me to pick up middle of August but I've decided to wait for the 1st of September to collect it. Seems silly not waiting just a couple of weeks to get it on the new reg (64). It's going to be a very long 5 weeks but I'm sure it will be worth it :)

Looking forward to checking out the forum and possibly meeting up if any meets occur up this way.

Thanks, Mike.

Congrats and welcome to the club!  You're guna regret waiting till the 1st of Sept knowing the car is sat at the dealers just waiting for you to pick her up.....I was guna do something similar (wait for my previous insurance policy to run out first, then get a new policy with someone else as they wouldn't insure the car) but I gave in and brought some temporary insurance for a couple of weeks just so I could get her early and drive her!  Any plans for the car at all?  Track days?  Sprints?  Mods?

Congrats on the order. You'll regret waiting for the new reg when you could have had the whole of August to play with it. ;)

Must admit I bought mine in February 2013, just wasn't worried about the reg really. But that's cool, you'll love it when you get it! 

Whereabouts are you in the UK?

Yeah it's going to be hard work waiting but I keep telling myself that it's the sensible thing to do for resale etc. Not sure what plans I have for it yet. Come from a long line of 90's jap performance so I'm just hoping I can live with 200hp. If not there's always the turbo route I guess. I decided on an 86 because I wanted something modern for a change with warranty etc, but I'll be amazed if I haven't invalidated that within a year with mods :P

Never really been a big track day person, generally like to keep my cars immaculate, had some show cars in the past etc. but who knows, I might try it and get the bug,

It's going to be a pretty hectic start to September. Drive down to collect it on the 1st from Wolverhampton (3.5 hours each way), booked in to get a full detail and protection at a local detailer on the 2nd. Pick it back up on the 3rd and then I'll be fitting some eibach springs on the afternoon. All ready to drive down to Kettering first thing on the morning of the 4th for the JAE car show. Cutting it fine but should be doable.