Kristov4

Removing front badge?

Can anyone tell me if the badge on the front of the car is secured from behind or simply uses the locating pins like on the rear?

Mine is being a real pig to get off having released all the glue.

Cheers

There are two clips on the locating pins, so if you just pull the badge off , without removing the bumper to remove the spring clips first, the pins WILL break off.  (Don't ask how I know  :( )

We'll one snapped off flush and the other a little higher up. So I think Dave was right about the spring clips.

Shouldn't be a problem though as long as I get it on straight.

Faith, you woman's touch must have somehow enabled you to slide the spring clips off of the pin when you removed your badge  :rolleyes: .

Considering the design of the clips, you are indeed very clever.  I didn't realise that there were clips on the pins (based on what you said earlier when you removed your badge) - it was only when I removed my bumper after taking off the badge that I found the broken pins, with the clips still very firmly attached  :(

They are similar to the picture below, meaning they are designed to be pushed on, but then cannot easily be pushed off:

503617832_954_zps22a2301f.jpg

The term Toyota use for them is "push nut", and the part number is SU00304224

How bizarre lol, my car must of been missing it's nuts, because it came off quite easy, pins intact. You can see one of the intact pins in the photographs I took when removing it.