Keethos

Detailed and Protected Again :D

As some of you might know, my car is rarely clean, but my car has now come back to me gleamingly clean and beading even the smallest droplets of rain courtesy of Midland Car Care who are based in Walsall (just down the road from the Premier Inn where we had the massive UK Meet and the more recent Midland meet).  I've had the car detailed and protected once before a while back but protection wore off quite quickly in certain areas (it was 2 coats of CQuartz Finest) so the car has been re-detailed with a single stage machine polish and 2 coats of Gtechniq Exo this time.  Here's the thread to the pics that Midland Car Care took which I've only just found/realised had been put up:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=310652&highlight=gt86

And here are some of the new pics:

10275398_690499154321442_835741915464593

1491538_690499177654773_9064241825119742

902297_690499187654772_55175344982236171

10285715_690499210988103_380989467483968

No Tesco underground car park Pics this time....completely forgot  :P

Got to be honest, Keith, I don't really get detailing. I can never tell the difference. Though it makes sense to get someone else to do it! Was you going to get wrap put on? Noticed you mentioned it on FB.

All depends on the state of the paint lauren, with the majority of our cars it's not too bad. Looks good, I ought to get my finger out and offer polishing for you guys so my polisher gets more use!

LOL, I get the whole detailing part, who doesn't like a clean, smooth and shiny car......but I couldn't be doing with doing it myself, but oh you can tell the difference, just feeling the surface of the car and it's super smooth.  If you were to run your hands over your car that has just been washed, you'd think it feels smooth but you won't realise that it's not actually as smooth as say someone who's had the car clayed and waxed/polished etc.

Yeah, not overly impressed with that Lauren, the car went in on Friday morning for this detail and new protection as well as getting the roof and front lip wrapped in a gloss black vinyl followed by getting the calipers painted red but I get message on Monday (the day I was to pick it up) that everything had been done except the vinyl wrap and painting of the calipers as this usual guy who does this for him was off sick the whole bank holiday weekend and this backup was a no show.  Now trying to see if he can sort me out next weekend as I want this done before BHP.  Midland Car Care are pretty good in what they do and they're always mega busy, their facebook page is just full of "oh where what I'm detailing today" and it'll be anything from a Renault Twingo to Rolls Royces, Lambos etc (supposedly he'll be detailing a Mclaren P1 and a Lambo Elemento at some point soon), but because of this, it's been a nightmare trying to get hold of him.  I'm sticking with him as he's been great to me otherwise and he doing the wrap and painting for a pretty good price (I think), after the protection wore off first time round, he has done a full detail and now protection free of charge this time round which isn't cheap.

I like it. Shiney. I put armour all shield on mine once a week. Not cheap but protects my baby. Then mid week I use a meguliars spray liquid wax to perk her up. But detailing is a very good way to protect your very expensive investment. Good work Keith.