CHOSENMAN007

Miltek front pipe!

Anyone had any problems fitting a Miltek front pipe to an automatic car?

I have had mega dramas, it seems after fitting my Miltek over pipe then trying to fit the front pipe it hits my transmission sump!

So at the moment I left the Miltek over pipe in but kept the oem front pipe with cat. £90 labour for nil progress. Not a happy chappy!

I spoke to Tony last night mate. But I ended a conversation with me saying we where almost done, didn't call back after then. Need not worry, spoke to Scott at Abbey and I am booked in for the 3rd of March to have my pipe fitted. Then a further booking for a map! (mark being away)

The geezer fitting my pipes was a V.W restorer ie Mk1 Golf's for car shows / tuning etc. I actually went under the lift with him and looked for my self as I said " It is impossible it wont fit!" as Miltek made these parts to fit both manual and auto cars.  But actually it was not a perfect fit, from over pipe it fitted. The drama was making it meet with the centre pipe without touching the transmission sump. I'm no mechanic mate but it looks as it might need another kink or bend in the front pipe to fit. But all will become clear on the 3rd!

I don't know anyone off the top of my head with an auto and Milltek system.  But for what it's worth, lots of people have told me that the overpipe isn't worth it on an N/A and makes almost no difference, so might be worth just keeping the original pipe and installing the rest of the Milltek system.

The Cobra 2nd Cat delete pipe didn't fit the Auto cars on the 1st ones made (Cobra have since modified the 2nd cat delete pipe to fit manual and Auto's) , We use a HKS 2nd Cat delete pipe on Auto cars.

From what you have said I feel the Milltek maybe the same, the Auto box is far wider than a Manual box.

What do you reckon I do Mark. I am booked in at Abbey for the 3rd of April to try get it to fit. I already have the over pipe (Miltek) and a Blitz filter fitted. Will you be back by the 3rd mate? I would also like a map done to. If it does not fit I guess I will have to sell the pipe and get the Hks variant fitted.Will it meet the Miltek over pipe flush and are they the same diameter? Point to note I will be looking to go forced induction soon.