Pitman

Innovate Supercharger - How cheap is this?

Just been browsing EBay,  and came across this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INNOVATE-Twin-Screw-Supercharger-Stage-1-COMPLETE-kit-Subaru-BRZ-Toyota-GT86-/121289418674?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c3d69a7b2

The advert says it includes ECUTEK ProECU Re-Flashing Cable & Tune File, & K&N™ drop-in filter!, Non-Intercooled. The "COMPLETE" system includes all the required hardware & ECU calibration needed for the complete installation, minus the tools.  Must be a good option for those wanting to go FI on a budget!  (Not sure how much it would cost to add the intercooler, though)

It's not budget savvy to add the IC after and AFAIK the official line from Sprintex is that Innovate shouldn't be exporting their kits. Abbey has the deal to be their sole distributor here.

Besides, their CARB tune is pretty crap from what I've heard, you also wouldn't get much, if any, support from Innovate over this. Their reputation sucks. Also this appears to be a direct US$ to £ conversion so makes me wonder if this is even a kit that's here and could be subject to import costs, even though they quote UK stock.

It's not budget savvy to add the IC after and AFAIK the official line from Sprintex is that Innovate shouldn't be exporting their kits. Abbey has the deal to be their sole distributor here.

Besides, their CARB tune is pretty crap from what I've heard, you also wouldn't get much, if any, support from Innovate over this. Their reputation sucks. Also this appears to be a direct US$ to £ conversion so makes me wonder if this is even a kit that's here and could be subject to import costs, even though they quote UK stock.

OK, thanks.

What's the relationship between Innovate and Sprintex?  Who created the system and what's the different between the 2?

How much does Abbey charge for the same kit without installation?  Are you saving much?  I definitely wouldn't trust myself to fit something as major as a supercharger to the engine without someone holding my hands along the way.

What's the relationship between Innovate and Sprintex?  Who created the system and what's the different between the 2?

How much does Abbey charge for the same kit without installation?  Are you saving much?  I definitely wouldn't trust myself to fit something as major as a supercharger to the engine without someone holding my hands along the way.

Sprintex make the kit, Innovate simply market the kit in the US, they are identical as it's a Sprintex.

£3400ish for Intercooled IIRC. I don't think mark even has the non-intercooled kit as it's not worth it. Not really saving anything, like Steve said, i doubt it's UK stock and you will end up with import duty also. Fitting probably isn't that had, it does come with installation instructions. Though I will admit I haven't read them!

So what's a CARB tune?

I'm sure it's not overly complicated, they say it's just a bolt on kit, but I don't know if I'd trust myself on such a potentially risky job that if I mess up, could mean major issues for the engine etc.

So what's a CARB tune?

I'm sure it's not overly complicated, they say it's just a bolt on kit, but I don't know if I'd trust myself on such a potentially risky job that if I mess up, could mean major issues for the engine etc.

CARB is the Californian Emissions regulations. The tune and the kit has to be certified and is the only legal way to modify in California. Due to this, a lot of the companies supply a CARB tune but it's generic and you can't adjust it to stay CARB legal. This specific tune isn't particularly good from the reviews I've read either, they can't push much with the non-IC kit due to the heat from the kit at high RPM.

As for fitting, dead simple. The IC adds some time but it's not a complicated install.