stephen

steering wheel satnav/audio control?

steering wheel satnav/audio control? So - is there one available? Being a newbie, I find the controls non-intuitive on the Pioneer AVIC-F840BT. And I don't like taking my eyes off the road and hand off the wheel to poke at a fiddly screen, or twiddle a silly little knob. Also - I usually have driving gloves on and they won't work the digital touch screen!

I'm sure there was someone somewhere trying to fit one on, there's nothing genuine available. I think it was someone on the american forum ft86club.com, could be worth searching on there.

The size of the wheel is part of the issue as I understand it. Some have talked about fitting a bigger wheel from a Subaru with controls on it, but you'd likely need to splice on bits for that. So there is nothing plug and play that I'm aware of. 

Perhaps another way might be to add a stalk to the steering column?

I know out head unit has Steering Wheel input. I've connected up a simple switch to the head unit plugs and turned up the volume using the switch etc. 

It's just a case of finding a nice switching module with the right buttons on and fitting it some how...