GT86-Ian

G1W 2.7" LCD Car Cam

ok my car cam turned up today, Ive gone for the G1W with a 2.7" lcd display as I wanted to be able to view what was being recorded & also pointed in the right direction.

Specification

IMG_2770.jpg

What you get in the box

IMG_2771.jpg

The Camera

IMG_2772.jpg

IMG_2773.jpg

IMG_2776.jpg

using keith's guide it only took 10 minutes to fit the cam.

IMG_2780.jpg

IMG_2781.jpg

IMG_2779.jpg

Now video quality, today was quite gloomy not had much time so did two quick videos but im very happy with the results, need to test the cam on a bright day so some more work to be done.

Night time quality doesn't seem upto the same standard of the Mobius Dashcam.

ps you see that piece of plastic covering the lens well I just spotted that while posting the pictures so it was on the cam during the videos :(

LOL, doh, you'll have to capture some more footage then Ian  :P  but good stuff though dude!

I was actually hoping that you would wind the window down and give it some revs while in the car park so you can hear it reverberate around....would have sounded AWESOME!  :D

One of the things that put me off about the G1W was the silver plastic bit around the lens, it kinda really stands out, looks great and all but I wanted discreet which that silver bit just makes it shine at night.  I know you can always paint it but I know I'd mess that up somehow, either poor finish or I'd end up getting other areas painted like the actual lens itself  :rolleyes:

keith I did more video but as I only had a 2gb micro sd card here the camera over writes it, got a 32gb card on order from amazon, also it might help if I posted the price, well heres some more bad news I paid £39.99 from ebay the other place you can get it from is Amazon who after me buying it have reduced the price to £25.96 :(

http://www.amazon.co.uk/G1W-Camera-Recorder-G-sensor-Vision/dp/B00FONWIQCJust noticed a £9 delivery charge from China.

yes I agree with you about the lens being silver, I might paint it black at some point.

Just a little update.. I have the camera set to record in 5min segments but viewing some of the recordings from last night im getting anything from 30 seconds to 5 minutes, so Ive changed one of the settings & will see if that helps.