I just renewed with Sky after speaking to Luke for £820 all in. Flux originally asked for £1045 before dropping to £800 when they heard Sky's original quote (£860). Chose to go with Sky as (as others have mentioned) Flux were too pushy for my liking. Great customer service from Luke, must be said!

Chris Knotts said they were unable to match quotes <£900 for me and advised that anything around £800 is very good and worth taking so, bored of shopping around, I just went with Sky. 

Context: 24yo (25 in April), 5 years NCB, car on street, suspension/engine/exhaust mods, 12k mileage

Would be interested to hear what you manage to get for the SC Rob...

I got £1075 mate, they matched Adrian Flux's price, spoke to Luke also. Like you said Adrian Flux were pushy and it put me right off it. Especially when she asked me if the GT86 was a Motorbike!

22yo, 23 in Feb, 4years NCB all mods declared

Wheels, S/C Intercooled, Exhaust, Springs & Shocks.

Was previously paying £760 odd with Admiral all other mods other than S/C

Its how the whole insurance industry works. Why is car insurance more on performance cars? Because they have a higher risk of claiming. Modifications prove an increased risk, period. Mods mean that a car could be more likely to claim. How many barry boys mod their corsas and then crash into other cars/trees? Is it not an increased target for theft? Would you really expect to double the power of your car and not pay extra as you haven't changed?

Its how the whole insurance industry works. Why is car insurance more on performance cars? Because they have a higher risk of claiming. Modifications prove an increased risk, period. Mods mean that a car could be more likely to claim. How many barry boys mod their corsas and then crash into other cars/trees? Is it not an increased target for theft? Would you really expect to double the power of your car and not pay extra as you haven't changed?

My springs/shocks and wheels do not add any power to my car, yes they still proceed to charge me for them yet will not replace them if damaged in an accident/collision. I'm not disputing the price, i'm disputing the fact that they are willing to add a premium, yet will not replace. They choose to insure me on the basis there is a risk I will have an accident, I understand that. But if they are to add a premium due to a few cosmetic mods etc which quite frankly is neither here nor there with regards to performance, do you not agree they ought to cover these parts like for like? 

I fully expect to pay more on a performance car of course, it goes without saying. But they should assess risk on the driver, not just the car. Which is precisely why I went with sky, they couldn't care less that I've stuck some wheels on etc because they know it doesn't make an ounce of difference. Yes i've paid more for my S/C and it goes without saying, it increases performance substantially, but at least they will replace it. 

I know why they do it, because they want money, but my opinion is that it's wrong.