Sign in to follow this  
Deacon

Federal 595rsr

Just wondering if anyones got any experience with these?

I've really liked the extra grip my winters have had over the primacys and so am fancying some grippy summers too.

Have read some good reviews of the federals and just wondered if anyones tried them?

Bit of a brand that is considered 'budget' IMO. These are cheapish tyres. I really do think you get what you pay for when it comes to tyres. 

Stuff like Advan Neovas, Contisport Contacts and the like would be preferable. 

I wouldn't consider the normal federal options that would be the equivalent of the contisports, etc but these are said to be equivalents of the R1R's, AD08's, etc and the reviews seem excellent.

someone has these, I can't remember who... But they didn't say anything bad about them cos i recall asking them what they were like!

Found a review on tyre reviews from an '86 owner which was very positive - maybe the same person?

Your money, your choice, but personally I would only use premium tyres as the more you pay the better they are generally. You spend a lot of money on the car, I don't see any point in skimping on tyres. 

The trouble is, cheap tyres tend to fall over in the wet. Reason being is that most people don't exceed their tyres limits in the dry. But in the wet progression is absolute key. Cheaper tyres tend to be less progressive and less grippy in the wet.