speedy

GT86/BRZ vs Mk1 Mr2 on a dirt course

Awesome stuff.

We had a right drunken argument with my collogues a couple of weeks back....well I say drunken in the sense that they were drunk....I was sober :P but we were arguing who were better drivers, F1 drivers or Rally drivers, I argued Rally drivers but when asked if I would take my car on to a tarmac (which I've already done) or a dirt track and I instantly answered tarmac.....purely because I wouldn't want to ruin my own car on a dirt track, but I'd jump onto any opportunity to rally an 86 in someone else's 86 :D

That looks like an absolute hoot.

Don't recall a recent swap, but a good few years ago Brundle and McRae swapped cars. An Impreza and Jordan at Silverstone. They got to within a second or so of each other, in good dry conditions on the circuit and rally stage they've got there, but Brundle suggested there'd be a huge gap at 2am in a foggy Hafren forest or in torrential rain at Spa. They're as good as each other, but I reckon a rally driver will always be more adaptable than a race driver...

Would be interesting. I remember reading something similar many years ago with McRae and a Touring car driver of the time (John Cleland perhaps?) - anyway, point was that although McRae could get to a really decent lap time quickly, he was much much harder on the tyres than the Touring car driver.