Have to say to actually feeling quite worried about Michael Schumacher. I admit to being a big fan when I watched him turn Ferrari round in the late 90's from a team in decline to giving him most of his F1 titles. When I saw him drive in the rain which earned him the title the 'Rainmeister', it was an inspiration for me to know that the definition of a good driver is one who is quick in the wet. I watched as he managed to drive around ill handling cars, something not all F1 drivers seem to be able to do with such aplomb. 

I know that the Brits love to hate him, because obviously he's German and to always laud Senna as being in another class, but one thing for sure is that Schumi has earned his place in motorsport history as the most successful driver in F1 history. 

So, with baited breath I watch the news for updates. 

1110hrs:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/dec/30/michael-schumacher-doctors-update-condition-accident

No way.....I hope he pulls through, never really followed F1 but everyone knows Schumi was a legend nonetheless and always seemed to be a sound and friendly fella on TV.

I remember being in a small German town and in a small backstreet bar (which are always the best wherever you are in the world) and it being rammed with friendly locals avidly watching one of his F1 races in the early 90s. Quite a lovely experience and I never did quite understand the UK tabloid media hostility to the man as he always seemed perfectly ok to me (and of course a fantastic driver). Really hope he's ok...