GT86Jay

Toyota Touch (& Go) Video Input for Telemetry using Torque Pro

Good to hear, i'll have to have another gander at it at the fensport meet :) Wonder if I can use a OBD splitter so I can use my gauge aswell as this.... hmmmm

I mentioned this to Jay a while back. The main issue is that most of the splitters have long cables so wont hide the cable like the 90deg on the P3. The only real option is to bend the OBD point up into the dash but then it will be an issue for anyone who regularly use ECUtek on the car.

What i've done with mine is fitted a right angle OBD extention. Put that behind the dash. So the permanent OBD ELM327 adapter is hidden and just a right angle from the OBD port. 

You could do the same. Then put the splitter and everything behind the dash. 

Having the dash and head unit out you'll see you've got enough room to hide a small person behind there! Plenty of room for whatever you want. 

What i've done with mine is fitted a right angle OBD extention. Put that behind the dash. So the permanent OBD ELM327 adapter is hidden and just a right angle from the OBD port. 

You could do the same. Then put the splitter and everything behind the dash. 

Having the dash and head unit out you'll see you've got enough room to hide a small person behind there! Plenty of room for whatever you want.

Good idea. Which way does the extension go? Can you get ones that go either way?

Good idea. Which way does the extension go? Can you get ones that go either way?

My one is right angles towards the center console. Which to me is perfect. It's small and fits in the OBD port above the plastic work so you can't kick it or knock it. Then cabled tied in place running into the center console. Can't see it at all. You can porbably get them on ebay. Just search 'OBD extension'. 

Hi Faraone, assuming you have exactly the same type of head unit (even though Toyota use the same head units for some of their models, there are newer variants now) then once Jay has finalised this system he'll probably (well hopefully  :D ) do a write up explaining and guiding people through this process.  But if it's just the AV input you need and assuming you have the same head unit (or at least the same set of connector harnesses) then its a matter of finding the correct pins to use from the 28-pin harness.  This is a diagram of the pin that Jay is using I believe:

1977427_10152433626007018_650339310_n.jp

I can't remember which pins exactly that he's using but it'll be the VTR pins I believe, I'll let him confirm this.