rob275

Is anyone a Speaker nerd?

Looking at getting some Studio Monitors for my PC as i currently just have a soundbar from my tv lying on the floor that i'm using and it's not the best for music.

Don't particularly need anything fancy as I won't be monitoring so was looking at these

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/StudiophileAV40.html

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can't really say, haven't heard of that make. We use AE speakers in the lounge. I would drive it through a seperate amp with a pair of good speakers, as I think you'll get better results that way. Best way to play media I think. 

I can't really say, haven't heard of that make. We use AE speakers in the lounge. I would drive it through a seperate amp with a pair of good speakers, as I think you'll get better results that way. Best way to play media I think. 

I would if i had the money to spend Lauren, I just want an alternative to normal PC speakers as they tend to lack in quality.

Posted Image

Use these if you can find them... (JBL Control 8 - Studio monitors) Any JBL Control Series are ok actually. Control 8's are a bit old now. 

If you don't want anything fancy then you can also go for these (as we are using them in a design/video studio)

Posted Image

Creative Gigaworks T40 Series

won't you get peculiar separation effects if one speaker feeds the other??

You could look at the 2.1 surround speaker sets, they tend to have better more bass from the subwoofer with the amplifier built in and it makes a good footrest when you're on the computer too... Plus the satellites are smaller and easier to fit on the desk too...

won't you get peculiar separation effects if one speaker feeds the other??

You could look at the 2.1 surround speaker sets, they tend to have better more bass from the subwoofer with the amplifier built in and it makes a good footrest when you're on the computer too... Plus the satellites are smaller and easier to fit on the desk too...

Nope, just one has an active amp in it, both are tuned to it, I've had 2.1 systems in the past and they tend to irritate me. I'm with you on the footrest though... I do miss it haha.