Sign in to follow this  
Captain Duff

10 deadliest roads

Is now the time to point out that it is not necessarily the road that is deadly, but the people driving on it...The only one on the list I know I've been on off the top of my head is the A285 from Chichester to Petworth and I agree, it is a bit gribbly in places as it goes up into the Downs... plenty of trees to hit shall we say...!

When we were leaving the Cat and Fiddle Inn at the previous Macclesfield meet, we all had to turn around as the road was closed off after a crash. Would have been nice to see more details about the crash i.e. stats for the type of vehicle or motor cycle involved etc

4 out of the 10 I do regularly :rolleyes:

They tend to be roads that bikers love, problem is you get it wrong on a bike and its going to be serious, I saw somewhere similar stats that they had with and without motorcyclists, once the biker stats were excluded the results for what were the most dangerous were totally different

What it boils down to is that if a road is rated as dangerous its probably because bikers love it (i.e its fun) and it bites some of them

Alec

I totalled my Alfa 156 on the Cat & Fiddle road! Still cannot work out what I did wrong. Over steered off around a left hander, then over a low dry stone wall backwards :rolleyes:The 156 wasn't known for its loose back end?There was a rumour at the time that sometimes Red Diesel was 'accidentally' spilt to catch out the unsuspecting bikers... and the occasional Alfa driver!... Allegedly.Then of course, I was probably going 'too fast for the conditions' theory:eek:Iv.